With each passing day, we get closer and closer to the final release of the Google Pixel June launch feature. In case you’re longing to see what the future holds for the next Android update, Google has you covered for today. The company has just announced Android 12 QPR3 Beta 3 for eligible Pixel smartphones.
As with the latest quarterly platform build beta, this update is available for Google Pixel 4 and later. The version number of this beta build is S3B1.220420.005and includes security patches from May 2022 that were deployed through a stable channel on Monday. The changelog focuses on stability improvements and bug fixes. This is what has changed:
- Fixed an issue on Pixel 6 Pro devices where a white line would sometimes appear on the screen after waking up a device that was not set to always display the time and other information on the lock screen.
- Fixed various issues to improve call quality and connectivity.
- Fixed a key storage issue that was causing the NHS COVID-19 app to crash on launch.
Google notes that it is aware of two bugs already identified in this current version. If you’re not already enrolled in the beta initiative, consider these issues before upgrading:
- In some cases, on Pixel 6 and 6 Pro devices, the system crashes when the user tries to take a photo with the camera.
- In some cases, the Google Camera app icon on a device’s personal profile erroneously displays a work profile indicator.
Please note that you will not be able to install Android 13 Beta 1 via OTA after installing this update. You can opt for manual flashing or wait until Beta 2 release.
Download Android 12 QPR3 Beta 3 for Google Pixel Devices
If you’d rather not wait for the update (or can’t take the OTA because your phone is rooted), take a look at our Android 12 download index for the latest OTA files and factory images. Then check out our guide on how to install Android 12 if you’re not sure how to go about it. If not, your Pixel should receive the update within the next 24 hours.
Source: Android Beta Program on Reddit