Despite leaks and rumors painting an extremely vivid picture of DJI’s new drone in recent days, it’s quite an exciting time when a new product officially comes out. The DJI Mini 3 Pro is available for pre-order now, with shipping expected later this month. But before you consider buying the drone, here are the top 10 things you need to know.
DJI has clearly spent a lot of time rethinking what an ultralight aerial camera can achieve. The Mini 3 Pro is a powerful, portable drone that comes packed with imaging versatility, excellent flight capabilities, and plenty of smart shooting modes that will put you in the air. mini but believe big. Let’s dive into their key selling points…
It weighs less than 250 grams.
Aviation safety regulations in many countries and regions consider aircraft less than 250 grams to be the safest drones. The Mini 3 Pro weighs less than 249 grams. Its combination of weight, safety and performance presents itself as a new option for content creators, explorers and new pilots looking to fly.
It is incredibly powerful for its size.
The Mini 3 Pro maintains the same pack-and-go compact fold capability as its predecessors: the Mavic Mini, Mini 2 and Mini SE. But this drone comes with more built-in features than any other DJI drone of its size, namely improved flight performance, camera system, battery life, and smart features previously only available on the Air and Mavic series.
A total redesign for a Mini drone
The Mini 3 Pro is a drastically different drone than the previous Mini line. It has received a completely new structural design that brings various performance improvements.
The arms and propellers have been adjusted for a more streamlined flight which increases flight time. The new design also mounts dual forward and backward vision sensors on the front of the drone, expanding the detection range for even safer flight. A complete redesign of the gimbal unlocks more camera angles than ever before, allowing for moves like tilted-up shots and vertical shots.
First Mini to integrate APAS and FocusTrack (Follow Me)
In a first for the Mini drone series, the DJI Mini 3 Pro features 3-way obstacle sensing, consisting of forward, backward, and downward visual sensors. The forward and downward sensors have a wider field of view, providing perfect coverage for better route planning and environmental awareness.
These sensors also enable Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS) 4.0, which automatically detects and finds a safer path around obstacles during flight. Additionally, these sensors also enable the entire FocusTrack package, which allows you to select a subject that the drone automatically keeps within the center of the frame during flight while automatically planning a safe flight path.
New camera system for professional quality content
The Mini 3 Pro’s enhanced imaging system is powered by a dual native ISO 1/1.3-inch CMOS camera sensor, a capture technology you’d normally associate with film and some individual micro cameras. It also has an f/1.7 aperture and captures images at up to 48 MP (with RAW support available) and videos at up to 4K/60fps.
Meanwhile, to help social media content creators up their game, the camera rotates 90 degrees for a mode called True Vertical Shooting. This way you can capture amazing photos and videos in portrait orientation without zooming or cropping the image.
For the most vivid details, HDR video recording is available at frame rates up to 30fps. A Normal color profile is available for quick in-app editing, while D-Cinelike allows for more post-editing possibilities. Up to 2x digital video zoom is available in 4K, 3x in 2.7K, and 4x in Full HD.
DJI Mini 3 Pro has also improved image performance with 2.4μm pixels that capture more image details, which is especially useful in low-light conditions and at night.
Let’s see the sample photos:
First DJI drone to offer extended flight battery
Although the Mini 3 Pro weighs less than 249 grams, DJI has managed to extend its flight time. With a maximum flight time of 34 minutes, the Mini 3 Pro can capture more landscapes and destinations on a single charge.
Additionally, to allow for more options, the Mini 3 Pro also features an extended flight battery option for the first time in DJI drone history. The Intelligent Flight Battery Plus allows for a maximum flight time of 47 minutes, an unprecedented capacity for a drone of this size.
Pairing perfectly with this extended flight time, Mini 3 Pro features the O3 transmission system, delivering crystal clear 1080p live view from up to 12km away.
Smart photo and video capture features
One of the main things DJI Mini 3 Pro do the drone to buy right now is that it integrates a full suite of intelligent capture modes from DJI’s more expensive Air and Mavic series. With a single touch, you can do the following:
- focus 2.0 keeps subject in frame while flying manually.
- Point of Interest 3.0 circles the subject in a set flight radius and speed.
- Active Tracking 4.0 follows the subject in two selectable ways:
- Trace: The aircraft follows the subject at a constant distance.
- Parallel: The aircraft follows the subject as it flies past him at a constant angle and distance.
2. Quick shots
- Dronie: The plane flies backwards and upwards with the camera locked on the subject.
- Propeller: The plane flies up and spirals around the subject.
- Rocket: The plane flies up with the camera down.
- Circle: The plane circles around the subject.
- Boomerang: The plane flies around the subject in an oval path, rising as it leaves and sinking as it returns.
- Asteroid: Aircraft creates a shot that begins as a panoramic sphere high above the subject and ends with a normal shot hovering close to the subject.
3. Master shots
It keeps the subject in the center of the frame while executing different maneuvers in sequence to generate a short cinematic video.
Creates a dynamic time lapse where the aircraft flies on established routes during capture.
Compatible with multiple remote controls
While we understand that many first-time drone users would be interested in purchasing the Mini 3 Pro, this drone is also the perfect upgrade for Mavic Mini, Mini SE, and Mini 2 operators. And that’s why DJI decided to satisfy. everyone’s needs by making the Mini 3 Pro compatible with both the new DJI RC and the RC-N1 remote controller that current Mini owners already have.
The new DJI RC is lightweight so you won’t get tired of holding it and comes with a built-in 5.5-inch touch screen. As it is already integrated with the DJI Fly app, you do not need to mount your smartphone to the controller. It’s also worth noting that DJI plans to make this controller compatible with more drones in the future.
DJI Mini 3 Pro Accessories
DJI Mini 3 Pro arrives with several accessories to help you get the most out of every flight:
● DJI Mini 3 Pro intelligent flight batterywhich has a maximum flight time of 34 minutes
● DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Pluswhich has a maximum flight time of 47 minutes
● DJI Mini 3 Pro Bi-directional load centerwhich charges the Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Batteries in sequence
● DJI Mini 3 Pro ND Filter Set (ND 16/64/256)which allows the Mini 3 Pro to capture more details in the brightest conditions
● DJI Mini 3 Pro propellerswhich are essential to help ensure a reliable flight at all times
● DJI 30W USB-C chargerthat charges an Intelligent Flight Battery to 0-100% in just 64 minutes and an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus in 101 minutes
DJI Mini 3 Pro price and purchase options
The DJI Mini 3 Pro is available to pre-order now at the official DJI store, as well as authorized retail partners like Amazon and B&H Photo Video.
However, unlike previous DJI drone purchase options, where you could get a plane, RC and a single battery or opt for the Fly More kit that offered more batteries and accessories along with the drone and RC, the Mini 3 Pro can be purchased. in multiple configurations and at different prices. This is what you can choose:
- DJI Mini 3 Pro (without remote control): $669
- DJI Mini 3 Pro Remote Controller + DJI RC-N1: $759
- DJI Mini 3 Pro + new DJI RC: $909
- DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Kit with 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries, 1 Bidirectional Charging Hub, 2 Sets of Propellers and Shoulder Bag: $189
- DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Kit Plus with 2 Intelligent Flight Batteries Plus, 1 Bidirectional Charging Hub, 2 Sets of Propellers and Shoulder Bag: $249
All other accessories will be sold separately, but can be reserved now.
It is safe to say that DJI has truly taken the Mini series to the next level with this drone. The combination of its portability, 4K/60fps video, ActiveTrack, 3-way obstacle sensing, and 90° gimbal rotation for social media friendly content, while extending flight time to over 30 minutes, is simply too good to put down. happen. on.
Are you planning to buy a DJI Mini 3 Pro drone? Head over to the official DJI Store, Amazon, or B&H Photo Video now.
Subscribe to DroneDJ on YouTube for exclusive videos