Deadline: June 6, 2022
Applications are open for the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Idea Lab 2022 for budding social entrepreneurs. The ISHOW hardware accelerator started as an idea nearly a decade ago and has been helping and promoting positive social impact around the world ever since.
Now, they’re moving upstream with the Idea Lab incubator to help budding social entrepreneurs develop and build on their own impactful ideas, filling the ISHOW accelerator’s pipeline for future innovators, while also opening pathways to new partnerships and geographies. Candidates invited to Idea Lab will participate in 6-18 months of incubation, mentoring, and training, depending on their technical expertise, stage of development, and needs moving forward.
- Idea Lab is designed to help you overcome product design/development challenges and provide guidance, tools, and guidance you’ll need to create a first iteration prototype.
- Candidates will have access to a personalized curriculum that will expose you to the principles of human-centered and sustainable design practices.
- Open to entrepreneurs, academics, engineers, designers, hobbyists, creators and dreamers;
- Teams and/or individuals can apply if they have a prior idea/idea/concept that they would like to develop into a hardware-based social innovation with the intention of scaling;
- Candidates must have a passion for solving pressing challenges;
- Have an innovative mindset;
- Willingness to engage with mentors;
- High command of English;
- Commitment to entrepreneurship and starting a business/social enterprise, and
- Will to learn.
Applications are open from April 22 to June 6, 2022. Successful candidates will be announced in July/August 2022.
Click here to apply
For more information visit ASME lab.