Ten people were killed in the massive crowd surge on November 5, 2021.
Nearly 2,400 people required medical treatment after last year’s deadly Astroworld music festival in Houston, according to a new court filing.
Lawyers representing thousands of people who sued promoter Live Nation, headliner Travis Scott and dozens of other companies over the tragedy said in a court document filed this week that 732 plaintiffs suffered injuries requiring “extensive medical treatment” during the Nov. 5, 2021, concert. An additional 1,649 claimants suffered an injury that required “less extensive medical treatment,” according to the filing, which does not define injury categories.
In addition, the injuries of another 2,540 claimants are being reviewed, attorneys said.
“Plaintiffs will continue to evaluate and update this for the Court as additional information and details are received and reviewed,” attorneys said in the document, filed Monday in the 11th Judicial District in Harris County.
Ten people were killed in a massive crowd during Scott’s set, including a victim as young as 9 years old who was trampled in a crowd of 50,000 people at NRG Park, according to authorities.
According to Houston police and eyewitness accounts, a wave of tens of thousands of people took to the stage when Scott, and later rapper Drake, appeared. Concertgoers say they were pushed against each other from all sides. As the crowd moved on, some began to fall over, pass out and get trampled by others in the audience.
Hundreds of lawsuits filed against the organizers, managers and artists of the event as a result of the tragedy were consolidated and are in charge of a single judge.
After the concert, Scott released a statement on Twitter, saying, “I am absolutely devastated by what happened last night. My prayers are with the families and everyone affected by what happened at the Astroworld festival.”
In a lengthy interview with radio host Charlamagne Tha God in December, the rapper said he wasn’t aware of injuries and deaths among fans until after his performance ended.
Asked if he feels responsible for the tragedy, Scott said: “I have a responsibility to find out what happened here. I have a responsibility to find a solution.”
In a statement to ABC News in the days after the concert, Live Nation said it was working with police to get answers.
“We continue to support and assist local authorities in their ongoing investigation so that both the fans in attendance and their families can get the answers they want and deserve, and we will address all legal matters at the appropriate time,” Live Nation said.
The Houston Police Department is investigating the deadly concert. The House Oversight and Reform Committee also launched an investigation into the deaths late last year.
Kiara Alfonseca and Josh Margolin of ABC News contributed to this report.