Before we can dive into the best anti-aging serums, we need to first discuss a few things: (1) Aging is very normal. If you’re not getting old, you’re not living, so getting old is a very good thing. (2) Changes in our skin, such as the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots that occur as we age are also very normal and are largely the result of years of UV exposure and a decline in collagen and elastin levels in the skin. So if you’re seeing signs of aging on your face, neck and chest, don’t panic – this is a part of life and there are plenty of great anti-aging moisturizers and serums on the market to help amplify your skin. elasticity.
So, to help you narrow down all the options, I contacted Elyse Love, MD, a dermatologist and licensed esthetician.
brittany white for their top picks and rounded up the most important things to know when shopping for a new anti-aging serum. But first, a preview:
Our picks for the best anti-aging serums of 2022:
Here is the complete list of the 13 best anti-aging serums. Packed with tried-and-true smoothing and lightening ingredients like retinol, peptides, acids, and antioxidants, these serums will give your skin a smooth, dewy glow.
Announcement – Continue reading below
Best Anti-Aging Retinol Serum
Obagi Clinical Retinol 0.5
The best anti-aging serum for dry skin
Alastin Restorative Skin Complex with TriHex Technology
Best Cult Favorite Anti-Aging Serum
Sunday Riley Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment
Best Splurge Anti-Aging Serum
SkinMedica TNS Advanced+ Serum
The best anti-aging serum for sensitive skin
Avene Retrinal Serum Advanced Correcting Serum
Celebrity Favorite Best Anti-Aging Serum
Shani Darden Retinol Skincare Remake
The best anti-aging serum for oily and acne-prone skin
Skinbetter Science AlphaRet Lightening Serum
The best anti-aging serum with growth factors
ZO Skin Health Growth Factor Serum
The best anti-aging serum for dull skin
BeautyStat Universal C Skin Refiner
Best Rejuvenating Anti-Aging Serum
U Beauty Rejuvenation Compound
Best Drugstore Anti-Aging Serum
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Pro+ .5% Power Serum
The best all-natural anti-aging serum
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Boosting Serum
The best anti-aging serum with peptides
Drunk Elephant Protini Powerpeptide Resurf Serum
How to choose an anti-aging serum:
Evaluate the active ingredients in the formula.
There are a lot of different ingredients that are used in anti-aging serums, and they all have their own specific benefits. Use this little cheat sheet below to help you narrow down the options.
- Retinol: Derm’s favorite anti-aging ingredient that accelerates cell turnover and stimulates collagen and elastin production.
- AHA: Exfoliating acids that renew, soften and illuminate the skin.
- Peptides, stem cells and growth factors: Skin regenerating ingredients that improve skin function and signal collagen and elastin production.
- Vitamin C and Niacinamide: Two of the best antioxidants that brighten the skin and protect the skin from the aging effects caused by free radicals.
- Hyaluronic acid: Moisturizer that hydrates skin to temporarily fill in fine lines.
Consider your current skincare habits and routine.
Your skin care habits and existing routine should influence the type of anti-aging serum you choose. For example, most serums with exfoliating acids and/or retinol are designed to be used at night, so if you’re the type of person who forgets to wash your face before bed, they’re probably not the best formulas for you. you. And if you currently use a moisturizer or face mask with AHAS and BHA, you may want to reconsider using a serum with acids or retinol, as doubling up on exfoliating ingredients can cause skin irritation.
Meet the experts:
- elyse love, MD, is a board certified dermatologist at GlamDerm in New York, NY. Dr. Love is an experienced clinical and cosmetic dermatologist who takes a holistic approach to skin wellness that includes exercise and diet.
- brittany white is a licensed medical esthetician based in New York, NY. Blancato’s trusted experience and simple yet effective methods using the best technologies and devices in the world of medical grade aesthetics have made her one of the most sought after experts in the industry.
Why trust Cosmopolitan?
lauren balm is deputy beauty director at Cosmopolitan with nine years of experience researching, writing and editing skin care stories ranging from the best retinol eye creams to the best lasers for acne scars. She is an authority on all categories of skin care, but an expert when it comes to anti-aging products and treatments. She regularly tests and analyzes the effectiveness of anti-aging serums, while working with the best dermatologists and estheticians in the industry to evaluate new formulas, brands and technologies.
This content is created and maintained by a third party and is imported into this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on piano.io
Announcement – Continue reading below